Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Living for Eden- Benefit for Paul Cardall

Last night I had the privilege of going to a benefit concert for pianist Paul Cardall. Paul has had congenital heart disease since he was born and last fall he went into heart failure. He has been on the heart transplant list for 289 days. It was amazing and humbling to see Paul with his wife and daughter Eden thanking the many musicians for coming and performing and for us as the audience for coming and supporting him. All the proceeds from the ticket sales and the silent auction that was done before the concert are going to Paul for his transplant. For more information on Paul's journey visit his blog at http://mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com/.

Now onto the musicians that performed. I went particularly to watch Colors because I am a HUGE fan,but I enjoyed all of the other performances as well. Kurt Bestor opened the night playing the piano. I have to admit I am not a fan of Kurt's so that part was really boring to me. Following Kurt was Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband which was really fun to watch, Sam Payne performed, Peter Breinholt, David Tolk, Steven Sharp Nelson and of course Colors. It was a wonderful evening that I spent with my sister Alecia and Paul I pray that you can receive a heart very soon so you can continue with your wife and daughter and bless us fans with more wonderful music.

{Paul getting ready to play a new song that he wrote: "Gracie's Theme"}

{Paul with his wife Lynette and daughter Eden}

{Russ Dixon of Colors}

{Russ again, man he is amazing}

{Ryan on the drums. Usually during concerts Ryan doesn't wear shoes, but he did last night. I was a little disappointed}


{Here is a view of Colors, Ryan is on the left Brian is in the middle and Russ is on the right}


{This was Ryan Shupe. He was amazing on the fiddle and all of the other instruments he played last night.}

{Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband}

{And lastly, my sis Alecia and I right before the concert started.}

{Colors performing}





Paul has only wrote one song since he has been on the transplant list and he played it for us last night. It is called "Gracie's Theme."


1 comment:

ann said...

Again, thanks for sharing your pictures and videos...I wish I could be closer to attend with you two...I love that music as well. Love you!!