Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CNN article on Food Allergies

I wanted to post the link to this CNN article about a mother who has a son with severe food allergies just like Tyler. There is also a video in the article that I think you all should watch. For any of you who don't know, Tyler is allergic to milk, eggs and tree nuts and it has been very hard on Taylor and me. This article helps explain what we have to go through on a daily basis. I would really appreciate it if you all could read and watch this article so that you all can get a sense of what Tyler goes through. It is hard for me to explain sometimes when someone new asks about Tyler's allergies, but this article will explain it well for all of you. Thanks for taking the time to understand what we are going through.
www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/24/teddys.struggle/index

Also coming in a later post information about the Food Allergy and Anaphalextic Network Annual walk. It will be on October 3 in Salt Lake City.

2 comments:

ann said...

Kimberlie, thanks for sharing this. I know a little about what you are going thru, but this helped a lot more. I hope I never have to use the epy (sp?) pen on him! And I pray that he will be blessed to out-grow some of his allergies. You and Tyler are continually in our prayers. Love you!

Melissa and Kolby Nebeker said...

I had just typed a long post and it got deleted. In short. I have a small glims of what you go through. We did and allergy eliminatin thing were you have to avoide a certain thing (touch or eat) for 24hrs. Its a series of things and we only got through the first 5 or so. Its super frustrating to find things you want, but can't because they have a small deritive of that thing in it. Margerine even has some milk in it. The worst for me was my kids asking me thing after thing if they could have it and i kept telling them NO. I do feel for you and hope that things get better.