Saturday, February 9, 2008

ER Visit #2

Well, I can't believe my son is only 10 months old and we have been to the ER twice. This child is just destined to be injured :) Tyler has been sick for the last week or so with a cold/cough. Nothing too out of the ordinary until Wednesday he got a fever and his mucus from his nose started to turn yellow/green. Which of course freaked me out because that is a sign of an infection. So I call up the dr. and they said to watch his fever and if it gets over 101 to call them. Well it didn't get up that high until after 6 p.m. of course after the dr's hours. So we watched the fever and put Tyler to bed. At about 11 p.m. he woke up screaming. I have never heard him cry this hard before. You could tell that he was in a lot of pain. We took his temp and it was 104. We tried to bring it down and it wouldn't come down, so we headed to the ER. Well 2 hours later, we finally got in and we have an .......... EaR InFecTioN!!!! So we got home at about 3 am loaded up with antibiotics and thanks to modern medicine, Tyler is feeling better and sleeping through the night. Yea!!!!!!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Poor little guy. I hope you were all able to get some sleep today and that he will continue to feel better.

[Morgan] said...

Bummer. I know how you feel my kids have been sick for over two weeks! No sleep at our house! Poor buddy.
Your blog template is really cute, where did you get it?

Elder Richey said...

Oh, wow. Poor little guy. I'm glad he's feeling better. I'm sorry you had to have a traumatic night.

Brian Adair Fam said...

Poor Tyler!! It's not fun at all when they're sick. Austin just had his first double ear infection, also. I know exactly what you're going through right now. Thank goodness for antibiodics!! I hope Tyler continues to feel better and is back to his normal cute, sweet self!!

Kimberlie said...

Thanks everyone. He is doing better. Morgan I got it off of shabbyprincess.com. I want to get photoshop so I can start using their templates more.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad he is feeling better. I remember with Tab how horrible ear infections were. Hopefully he won't have another one anytime too soon.

ann said...

I just read Katie's blog about her and Marcus being sick. I am glad Tyler is feeling better. We didn't have too many ER visits thank goodness when you guys were young. Love you and Happy Valentines day!