Saturday, June 21, 2008

1st Haircut

Well, we did it. We broke down and cut Tyler's hair. Now no one can make any comments about him having a mullet or ear bangs. Mommy had a hard time with this milestone. There were some tears from both Tyler and Mommy, but in the end we now have a toddler instead of a baby.
Before:
{Tyler's ponytail}
{Tyler laughing at himself in the mirror}
{Tears after his ponytail was cut off}
After:


{Don't I look like such a big boy now?}

10 comments:

ann said...

Thanks for sharing your "first" moments with us..Tyler is such a sweetheart!!

Tammy said...

It is amazing how big he looks after a hair cut. The pictures are great. You were brave to cut it at home. I was too chicken...you did a great job! Tyler is a handsome guy!

Elder Richey said...

He looks so handsome with his big boy haircut. I remember the first time we cut Marcus's hair he had a ponytail too. Good times!

Brian Adair Fam said...

So fun. I'm glad you both survived this first! We just cut Austin's hair too. I had trimmed his before, but we finally used the clippers and he LOVED it! It was pretty funny. Tyler sure is a handsome boy. I think he likes his new 'do!! :0)

[Morgan] said...

I changed my site address. I hope you don't mind updating it!
shmorganza.blogspot.com

TheTandyFamily said...

Isn't it amazing what a haircut can do. I remember when Ellie got her hair cut for the first time. I am pretty sure a few tears were also shed from this mom. He looks absolutley adorable!!

Kimberlie said...

thanks guys. He looks so cute if I say so myself We can't use gel on his hair because he is allergic so we used vaseline today to spike it and it was sooo cute He looked just like his daddy, well minus the beard.

Brett and Rachael said...

Tyler is looking so old! What a cute little man! Hey, do you know if Jen is still alive? We were supposed to get together while she was here in Utah and then never did and she hasn't posted anything forever!

6 P's in a Pod said...

Hey! Now we can't joke about his mullet! Oh well. He's a cutie either way.

Kimberlie said...

Rachael, How are you? Jenny is still alive :) at least as far as i know. She has been in Pennsylvania with her family for the last month, I think she gets home next week. Hey, I am going to call you sometime in the next few weeks, if you are available, because I need a hair cut so bad. I look awful. :)