Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Excitement

Well I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday. We had a lot of fun with Tyler on his first Christmas. It was funny, I thought he would love playing with the wrapping paper, but he had no interest in it at all. He liked the toys after they were opened, but he didn't want to sit still for very long to see us open them for him. He kept wanting to crawl over to his other toys and play. It was really fun having Auntie Alecia spend the night and play with us all day on Christmas. Alecia and I cooked a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. We had ham, turkey, homemade Lion House Pantry rolls, and mashed potatoes. We fed Tyler some of our food and we found out that butter and margarine have dairy in them because he broke out.

Well we also had some fun excitement on Christmas morning. After we opened all our gifts, I started to feed Tyler some breakfast. I decided to try some new food we had bought. Well I was a very bad mom and didn't look closely at the label to see that it had whey product in it. After just two bites, Tyler's face started to swell. We rushed him upstairs and gave him a dose of Benedryl. Well I then put him to bed for a nap. After I let him cry for a few minutes, I went upstairs and discovered that his whole face and body was covered in hives. His eyes were swollen shut and he couldn't swallow. I then had a screaming, meltdown mommy moment. Taylor and Alecia came up and thanks to the Priesthood, Taylor gave Tyler a blessing. And sure enough within about an hour, the swelling started to go down and most of the hives disappeared. It still took most of the day for him to be able to swallow fully. But now he has a really bad cold and runny nose. So after the fun morning, we went to my in-law's house for some more gift opening. Thanks to all of our family members for all the wonderful gifts we received.

3 comments:

alecia said...

Our dinner was pretty good!!! Thanks for letting me come and spend Christmas with you guys.

Tammy said...

What an eventful day. I am glad that you had a fun time with your baby. Sorry you had a rough patch too. I am glad that he is better. The priesthood is amazing!

ann said...

Your dinner sounds delicious! I didn't realize that Tyler had it so bad--thank goodness for the Priesthood and for Taylor being worthy to hold it!!! Love you and thanks for your wonderful gifts. Happy new year!