Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hawaii Day.....I lost count :)

So all I can say is Oahu is beautiful. Everything about this island is beautiful. On Friday we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and the Laie Temple. The temple is beautiful I think it is my favorite temple. We tried to go to a session but Taylor had to do some work before and than we ended up not having enough time. But the outside grounds are gorgeous. The PCC is so much fun. They have a canoe show that they do during the day that showcase all the Polynesian Islands. It was so cool. Than they have a Horizons show every night that the college students and BYU-Hawaii perform in. It was awesome. There were fire dancers that were amazing.

Than Saturday we went shopping around Waikiki and drove around the East side of the Oahu. Gorgeous. Than today, Sunday we drove up through central Oahu to the North Shore, Turtle Bay Resort and the Dole Plantation. And yes it was gorgeous. The waves weren't too big because they don't get huge until winter about November. but the water was still beautiful. Tomorrow we are planning on going to Pearl Harbor and see the Arizona Memorial and than go snorkling in a bay around here. So that is the update on our trip. I will post some pics in another post. Aloha!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great trip. I am glad you are having fun. The temple is beautiful.

ann said...

You did a lot on your vacation. Glad you had a wonderful time!