Monday, September 3, 2007
Our First ER Visit
So we have been trying to teach Tyler how to take a bottle for the last couple of months, with no luck. So yesterday I was taking a nap and Tyler woke up really hungry so Taylor tried to feed him a bottle. Tyler of course refused and started flipping out and screaming. Well Tyler ended up throwing up all over himself, Taylor and the couch. After that I took him and went up stairs to feed him. He wouldn't nurse. I look down and his whole face is swollen and red with hives. I then proceed to look at his body and that too is covered in hives. so we ended up taking him to the ER. Can I just say I hate ERs. We sat there for 3 hours and still had not seen a dr. So we ended up leaving because they didn't know when we would be able to be seen. 3 hours. Come on that is a little much in my opinion. Especially if a 5 month old comes in with a rash and is throwing up everything in his stomach and coughing. So I will take him to his pediatrician on Tuesday to see what we can do. He gets a little bit of a rash every time he has formula but we didn't think much of it. But as most of you know, if we plan on going to Hawaii next month he needs to take a bottle soon. So I will keep everybody updated on our food allergy problem here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No fun! Poor little guy!I can't believe that you weren't seen. A baby is suppose to take a bit of a priority, I would think!! I hope that he is doing better now. I will keep him in our prayers and look for up dates!
Well update: Tyler has a milk allergy and possibly more allergies. We won't know for sure until we start him on solids and find out. I also need to be careful on how much dairy I consume also. so yeah fun times at our house.
I am sorry to hear that. It makes it hard trying to figure it out. Our nephew has a milk allergy but as he has gotten older it is getting better. Good luck with everything!
That stinks!! I hope it's not a severe allergy and that Tyler will outgrow it! Good luck with it!
Post a Comment